I took a vacation not only from work, but from any kind of life in general for the last few days.
My in-laws came to visit for a few days and we ate a lot of good food and had some fun and relaxing times. We also saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was fantastic and amazing and you have to go immediately. Mercutio the dog came along as well. Not the movie…just along on the trip. Needless to say, this was not a relaxing visit for our cats, although they weren’t as utterly terrified as I expected. Luckily Merc is a very good boy.
So after Eric and Donna and Merc’s visit, we decided to further test this “relaxation” theory and pretty much do nothing. It was fantastic, although I am kind of looking forward to life again. Today I left the house! Whoa. Granted it was in my pjs, but thanks to my long puffy coat, no one knew. Except now the Internet does I suppose. You can judge me from afar which I am much more comfortable with. This all may sound pathetic, but I actually feel more lucky than homeless. There are few times in life when you can watch the Netflix instant movies for hours and hours without being fired or unemployed. I will have great practice if I am part of any layoffs this year. Yippee skippy!
So as my vacation comes to a close, I have been thinking about real life again. There are some things that I want to work on this year. Hopefully, I can read this post in a year (from my couch in my pajamas) and be satisfied that I actually did something (besides watching nearly all the episodes of The Office and 30Rock in record time from my laptop. I ❤ the Netflix Watch Instantly feature by the way).
Things to do in 2009:
- Go to the gym regularly again (very original, yes).
- Not use as much butter. (I just read this sentence again while reviewing the list and am disturbed by the choice of the word “use”)
- Read more…I was reading books like crazy until the weather changed…then mostly ate food and sat on the computer. Maybe I can substitute books for butter on occasion. Paula Deen would be pissed.
- Paint the paintings I have been thinking about for about 6 months already.
- Go on more dates. (With husband).
- Go on a trip as a couple only. We have never done this. This one may not be in the budget but I want to keep it on the list. Maybe we can start with just a weekend getaway. Glorious Gary Indiana is nearby.
- Work on children’s book.
- Learn to live in a cube for 8 hours a day.
- Take down Christmas tree. Before Valentines day.
In other news, our cats are now being referred to as Sytherin and Gryffindor. Justin and I are not really big Harry Potter fans (I just had to google Sytherin and Gryffindor for proper spelling), but this is what happens when you spend many many hours speaking nonsense to one another. I am glad no one can hear us. They would be concerned I think.