Things I shouldn’t do to Justin:
- Instead of asking if I can have a drink of water, I say “I’m thirsty.” It is assumed that water will be delivered shortly after.
- Instead of asking if the garbage can be taken out, sometimes I just state that “It smells.” I can’t remember the last time I took out the garbage. Maybe a couple years ago when he was away at Oxford for awhile??
- “I’m cold.” Usually involves blanket rearranging, feet sitting on, frozen hands warmed via belly heat. Not nice.
- Complain when all the lights are on in the house when I get home late. This is because he doesn’t want me to trip and fall in the dark when I enter the house. I am stupid sometimes.
- Delegate any bedtime Schween nuzzing to him, even though he is allergic to her poisonous face/nose wetness and breaks out in a Schween rash. I mean really?
- Elbow him in his sleep if he is sick and happens to be snoring because of it. I would be so mad if someone elbowed me.
So clearly, I am not that awesome sometimes. I’m really painting a picture of my evil self, but I assure you that I am capable of daily niceties as well (right, Justin??). Anyway, the moral of the story is that Justin takes care of me and my often silly needs. I am glad that he can put up with my freezing hands/feet and never-ending thirst. And still love me enough to take punches in the middle of the night and then go to sleep next to me the next evening.