Well done, everyone. If you are reading this, it means you lived through one of the worst winters we have had in years. Spring is—OH WAIT…my husband just informed me that this is a silly post to be writing in mid-March. He says that I will get hate mail. Yeah it was 76 today…but please refer to Thursday’s forecast to see why he is making a good case:
Yeah, that “low of 26” is lame. BUT…I am going to continue to write this against Justin’s wishes. He can get his own sad-blog. Maybe not sad as much as “cautiously optimistic.” Instead of Megagood, it would be titled “PossiblyGood”or “KindaGood.”
Since I am an all-or-nothing person I don’t cautiously optimize anything. It is spring dammit. And when I decide something like that, I will convince myself—and sometimes others—into thinking it is the unquestionable truth. I’m a pretty good salesperson if I really believe in something. (Could a copywriter/editor let me know how to use en dashes vs. em dashes vs. commas??)
Several things happened today that convinced me winter is really over (for the most part):
- Lunchtime sunburn. Another park lunch with friends and Pastoral sandwiches. 🙂
- Sidewalks are a piece-of-cake to walk down, without wearing boots…No slush, ice, snow, salt, blinding wind, etc…
- I arrived home after work, in the sun.
- There are buds on trees. Brave things are growing out of the ground.
- The storm windows were put up and the screens came down. Curtains billowed.
- Dinner was eaten on the porch. In the sun.
- I kind of want to dye Easter Eggs for the first time in 12 years.
- I considered eating gelato outside. Which means it may be time to change the masthead.